Following are the Departmental Schemes of Animal Husbandry Department:-
- Establishment of Backyard Poultry units: – Backyard Poultry birds are provided to the farmers on subsidized amount with the unit size Comprises of 5-50 birds. The price of 0 day old chicks is Rs. 20 only and of 4 week old birds is Rs. 40 only.
- National Animal Disease Control Programme (NADCP):- 100% Cattle & Buffalo Population are vaccinated on free of cost basis at Door step against Foot & Mouth Disease, Brucellosis and Hemorrhagic Septicemia Disease.
- Nation Wide Artificial Insemination Programme (NAIP):– Breedable Dairy Animals are inseminated with high genetic semen doses of exotic breeds on free of cost basis, so that the farmers will get crossbred calves. The crossbred calves having high genetic merit and higher milk production as compared their parent Generation.
- Integrated Dairy Development Scheme (IDDS):- Upto 50% Subsidy on following components-
a). Establishment of Dairy Unit (05 Cow/Buffalo).
b). Establishment of Milk Collection/Chilling/Processing Unit.
c). Establishment of Market Infrastructure including Milk ATMs.
d). Establishment of Milk Transportation System.
e). Environmental Management of Dairy Farms & Gaushalas.
5. Cattle Feed Processing Units/ Fodder Development Scheme 2020-21:- Upto 50% Subsidy on following components-
Cattle Feed Processing Unit–
a). Establishment of Commercial Cattle Feed Mill/Plant.
b). Establishment of Nano/Small Cattle Feed Mill/Plant.
c). Establishment of a Total Mixed Ration (TMR) Equipment.
d). Infrastructural Support.
a). Establishment of Silage Making Unit.
b). Establishment of Fodder Block Making Unit.
c). Establishment of Feed Block Making Unit.
d). Facility Minitractor to Dairy Farmers.
e). Facility of Fodder Harvester to Dairy Farmers.
f). Facility of Chaff Cutters to Dairy Farmers.
g).Facility of Bore Wells to the Dairy Farmers.
h). Creation of Infrastructure/ Establishment of Hydroponic Fodder Making Unit.
6. Kissan Credit Card Scheme:- Loan Facility to farmers for feeding of their Dairy Animals and Poultry on 4% interest rate :-
- For crossbred/Jersey/HF Cows- Rs 29,200/-
- For Buffalo – Rs 27,700/-
- For 1000 Poultry chicks – Rs 70,000/-
7. Distribution of Medicines:-
- Few of the medicines are provided to farmers at the rate of 25% of market price and few are at 50 % of market price at our Veterinary Centers (Total 101 centers in Udhampur District).
- Deworming medicines are provided to the farmers on free of cost basis.
8. Livestock Insurance under National Livestock Mission (NLM):- In this scheme, Milch animals are insured on subsidized amount. The farmers have to pay only 40% (APL) & 20% (BPL/SC/ST) of premium amount.
9. Integrated Poultry Development Programme (IPDP):- Upto 50% Subsidy on following components-
- Establishment of new commercial broiler farm 1000 chick capacity / 2500 chick capacity / 5000 chick capacity & 10000 chick capacity.
- Insurance of Broiler Poultry Birds (D.O.Cs)
- Establishment of poultry dressing and processing unit.
- Market intervention by establishing mobile poultry processing cum Dressing Unit & transportation of live poultry birds.
- Establishment of poultry rendering unit.
- Machinery /Equipments for Poultry Farms
- Mini incubators for backyard Poultry