Department Citizen Charter
- Implementation of Targeted Public Distribution System as per National Food Security Act-2013.
- Distribution of foodgrains (Wheat, Atta, Rice & Sugar) to the beneficiaries (ration card holders) through epos devices at Fair Price Shops/Govt. Sale Depots.
- Enforcement of fixed retail prices of essential commodities of daily use like Meat, Fruits & vegetables.
- Issuing of Ration Cards, Addition, Alteration & Deletion of member(s).
- Consumer Affairs: Consumer Protection, Awareness & Promotion of Consumer Welfare etc.
- Monitoring of Supplies of Essential Commodities: POL, LPG & other essential items.
Procurement of Foodgrains from Food Cooperation of India.
Vision: Smooth and uninterrupted supply of good quality of Foodgrains /essential commodities at prescribed rates to the people by closely monitoring the market, strengthening enforcement activity and accurate weight and measures methodology.
Mission: Identify proper beneficiaries for food security to empower consumers through awareness and education; enhance protection and safety through progressive legislations and prevention of unfair trade practices, enable quality assurance through standards and their conformance; and ensure access to affordable and effective grievance redressal mechanisms.
Main Objective: The primary function of the Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department is to run the Public Distribution System efficiently and ensure availability of Foodgrains to everyone and to ensure that it is at price affordable for even the poorest in the State. The Department is also entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring availability of Essential Commodities in the Market at reasonable price and prevention of hoarding, black-marketing and artificial price hike. Since most of the Foodgrains in the State come from outside the State, the PDS is totally dependent on the Foodgrains supplied by the Govt. of India through FCI.