Green Himalaya Group Chenani
- BACKGROUND:- A training programme was conducted in the art of fruit and vegetable preservation for women group at Chenani in the year 2016-17. More than 100 ladies/housewives participated in the programme wherein they were trained to enhance the shelf life of locally available fruits and vegetable for better nutrition and health benefits. The training programme was a major success. With the launch of scheme of Low cost preservation unit under MIDH, a group of 05 ladies were identified in the adjoining village of Bashat near Chenani for providing the technical and financial support to establish a Low cost preservation unit.
- Objective:– The objective of the project was to help income generation amongst the women self help group which was later named as Green Himalaya Group.
- Establishment of the Unit;- The unit was established under the technical guidance of deptt of horticulture under the scheme MIDH 2018-19 with a total cost of about 3.0 Lacs. A subsidy of rs 1.0 lacs was provided to the group on Machinery and Equipment to be established. Various processing machinery was purchased and established by group which included Pulper, Fruit Mill, Dehydrator, Hydraulic Juice Press etc. The unit successfully started working in the year 2018-19 and is presently engaged in processing and marketing of various fruit and vegetable products like Jams, Pickles, Jellies, Sauces, Chutneys, Ketchups. The group also learned the art of dehydration and is presently engaged in preparation of dried fruit and vegetable products.
- Advanced Learning |support :- The group was successfully imparted an advanced training programme from CIPHET Ludhiana wherein they learned the new aspects and hands-on training skills especially in product development and packaging.
- Economic Returns:– The Green Himalaya Group which started its journey in the year 2017 has successfully grown into a self sufficient unit with a proper certification from FSSAI. The strategic location of the unit on the Chenani-Sudhmahadev Road is helping them to earn on an average of Rupees 4000-5000 per day.